When you are driving, you must have with you : 

  • Registration
  • Driving licence 
  • Green certificate ( insurance document )
  • European Accident form ( Download English help version )
  • The last motor vehicle inspection ( Contrôle technique )

  To sell a car, you must : 

  • Have a recent motor vehicle inspection (MOT)
  • Fill the "certificat de cession" form and give a part to the Prefecture and the other to the new owner
  • Give the "certificat d'immatriculation " to the new owner